full-time Accountant and purchasing assistant
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business degree.
- 2+ years experience in business, preferably for an interior design firm.
- Proficiency in use of MS Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Knowledge and ability to apply basic accounting and purchasing principles and practices.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Detailed oriented.
- Accurate record keeping and data entry skills.
- Ability to learn and use Studio Designer interior design software.
- Ability to learn interior design terminology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company records.
- Appreciation for interior design, art and architecture.
- Prepare monthly invoice drafts.
- Accounts payable.
- Accounts receivable.
- Execute bank reconciliations.
- Execute credit card reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Maintain general office filing system.
- Follow up on and expedite orders via telephone and email correspondence.
- Review vendor acknowledgments and invoices for accuracy with purchase orders, resolve discrepancies.
- Coordinate fabric, finish and shop drawings receipts and approvals between appropriate team members and vendor.
- Prepare order status reports per project.
- Track each order and shipment until received and obtain written approval of delivery.
- Initiate freight claims and resolve freight damage issues.
- Prepare month and year end reports.
- Maintain purchasing filing system by project.
- Support Director of Purchasing.
Reports to Director of Purchasing and Office Manager
no phone calls please.
Please send resumes to Bri Blondin, Senior Accountant/HR, firstname.lastname@example.org