full-time Purchasing Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business degree
- 2+ years’ experience in business, preferably for an interior design firm and/or purchasing for a retail environment.
- Proficiency in use of MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Knowledge and ability to apply basic accounting and purchasing principles and practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Accurate record keeping and data entry skills.
- Ability to learn and use Studio Designer, which is an interior design focused software.
- Ability to learn interior design terminology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company records.
- Appreciation for interior design, art and architecture.
- Follow up regularly with vendors to expedite orders via telephone and email correspondence.
- Review vendor acknowledgments and invoices for accuracy in comparison
- with purchase orders, resolve discrepancies.
- Coordinate fabric, finish and shop drawings receipts and approvals between appropriate team members and vendor.
- Prepare order status reports per project.
- Track each order and shipment until received and obtain written approval of delivery.
- Initiate freight claims and resolve freight damage issues.
- Execute credit card reconciliation.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Maintain purchasing filing system by project
- Provide administrative support to Director of Procurement.
- May also be required to perform additional office tasks including, but not limited to:
- Answer telephones
- Enter product specifications
- Reports to Director of Procurement
Please send resumes to Bri Blondin, Senior Accountant/HR, firstname.lastname@example.org