Project Manager / Senior Designer
Significant design and leadership opportunity with a dynamic interior design practice based in the heart of Scottsdale, Arizona. Candidate should have a minimum of 5-7 years of diverse professional interior design experience with a particular focus in the resort and hospitality industry. Preferred candidate should possess strong conceptual design skills that can be translated successfully throughout the implementation process all the way to final installations. Collaborative spirit and a passion for design excellence is a must. This is a long-term opportunity to play a leadership role within an established design firm.
- Associates degree in Interior Design or equivalent.
- 5 to 7 years professional experience working in the hospitality design industry.
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of the FFE process from Schematic Design, to Design Development, to Installation.
- Ability to learn computer programs for FFE entries such as Studio Designer.
- Knowledge of interior finishes and materials.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Skills But not Required:
- 3 or more years of professional AutoCAD experience and 2 plus years of professional Revit experience.
- Knowledge of SketchUp and Podium.
- Experience in healthcare design and/or continuing care retirement communities.
- NCIDQ certification.
- Ability to construct a feasible FFE budget, perform product research, submit detailed quotes to vendors and enter FFE specifications for Director of Procurement.
- Development of schedules relating to interior finishes, lighting, plumbing, hardware and appliances.
- Ability to review and redline interior CD set.
- Ability to draw key design elements in CAD or by hand for others to implement.
- Ability to execute and oversee design presentations in digital format as well as physical sample boards.
- Ability to coordinate design intent between multiple entities including client, contractor, consultants, etc.
- Ability to delegate necessary work and manage team members to meet deadlines and stay on budget.
- Review all work for accuracy before each submittal.
- Work with other offices to resolve document coordination and production issues.
- Maintain open lines of communication and management with the client, contractors and consultants through all phases of the project.
- Observe professional ethics.
Electronic copies of resume and work samples can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary based on experience. No phone calls please.