entry level interior designer
Significant design and leadership opportunity with an expanding and growing dynamic interior design firm. Candidate should have a minimum of 0 to 3 years of diverse professional interior design experience. Preferred candidate should possess strong conceptual design skills that can be translated successfully throughout the implementation process all the way to final installations. Collaborative spirit and a passion for design excellence is a must. This is a long-term opportunity to play a leadership role within an established design firm with plenty of growth opportunity.
- Ability to work with other team members on a project.
- Ability to perform product research
- Ability to learn submitting detailed quotes to vendors and the entering of FFE specifications for Director of Procurement.
- Ability to learn the development of schedules for construction relating to interior finishes, lighting, plumbing, hardware and appliances.
- Ability to read, review and assess documents provided by architects and engineers.
- Ability to implement redlines to interior construction documents while being proactive in finding creative and practical design solutions for the project.
- Ability to execute design presentations in digital format as well as physical sample boards.
- Ability to time manage necessary work to meet deadlines and stay on budget.
- Review all work for accuracy before each submittal.
- Work with other offices to resolve document coordination and production.
- Maintain open lines of communication and management with the client, contractors, consultants and team members through all phases of the project.
- Ability to accurately document and communicate time spent on each phase of the project for client billing.
- Observe professional ethics.
- Associates degree in Interior Design or equivalent.
- 0 to 3 years professional experience working in the hospitality design industry and/or high-end residential.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Photoshop.
- Comfortable producing deliverables in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Drafting ability and interior construction document set implementation.
- Working knowledge or the ability to learn the FF&E process from Schematic Design, to Design Development, to Installation.
- Ability to learn computer programs for FFE and time entries such as Studio Designer.
- Knowledge of interior finishes and materials.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Skills but not Required:
- Knowledge of SketchUp and Podium.
- Presentation quality 3D or 2D rendering ability using Adobe products, Revit, Podium or other.
- Experience in healthcare design and/or continuing care retirement communities.
- Able and willing to travel for out-of-state projects.
- NCIDQ certification or interest in acquiring NCIDQ certification.
Benefits Joining Our Team:
- Full benefits including vision, dental and health insurance coverage.
- 401k program.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Salary based on experience.
- Collaborative team environment and mentorship.
- CEU allowance.
- Plenty of growth opportunity.
Electronic copies of resume and samples of work can be sent to email@example.com. Salary based on experience. No phone calls please.