We currently have a position available for a full-time design assistant. Candidate is preferred to have previous internship experience or work experience within the industry. Collaborative spirit and a passion for design excellence is a must. We are rapidly expanding and offer plenty of growth opportunities within our firm.
- Associate's degree or bachelor's in related field
- 2+ years general work experience, preferably office and/or design related work.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable using AutoCAD for project deliverables and to implement redlines provided by other team members.
- Maintain flexibility in the workplace.
- Available to dedicate a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn new software, including Studio Designer which is an interiors based software/database access based program
Preferred Skills but not Required:
- A base understanding of Revit and/or SketchUp.
- A base knowledge of FF&E specifications.
- Able to execute schedules in tangent with CD set (i.e. finishes, appliances, plumbing, hardware and lighting.)
- Comfortable working in Photoshop and InDesign.
- Bilingual and/or comfortable working in metric.
- Daily assistance of other team members on multiple projects.
- Perform thorough product research as required.
- Aid other team members with digital presentations and palettes for client presentations as needed.
- Visit showrooms to pull fabrics and materials for internal reviews and client meetings.
Electronic copies of resume and student work samples can be sent to email@example.com Salary based on experience. No phone calls please.